Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Juggling the Monkas!

I think we finally have the barnyard trained so that they take turns fussing! I know that today is only Bernie's two week birthday- but she is a fast learner.


All she does is sleep for the most part though. You'd think we could channel that into her sleeping through the night (!!!) but not yet. She is getting in good four hour chunks though, and tonight will be her third night in her new room. What a grown-up.

Speaking of grown-up babies, Baby Monk (not to be confused with Mini-Monk) is looking suspiciously like a little girl, a toddler even!! All smiles and squeals, too. She is handling Bernie a little better. She still thinks the new one's name is "Gentle" and is really good at rubbing her head softly. Well, as softly as a 1 year old can manage. Lilly is doing a little of the clinging thing, but so long as we keep her well-fed, it cuts seriously down on her fussing, which is almost nonexistent anyways.



As for the puzzle of what Bernie's barnyard style moniker will be, right now it is either the Squeaky Peanut, or the Barking Wolf Monk, with the former being the forerunner. This weekend, the big Monkey will be in town, and maybe she can help us shed a little light on what it will end up being.

Life as we know it has pretty much regained normalcy for us Evans'. Our new house is complete now that we have a washer and dryer, and we are even thinking about maybe buying it some day. I am looking forward to a little bit of easier times as the girls get older, and definitely some time off from being pregnant. I decided today that I have what you'd call an "overactive uterus" HAHAH!

The monkies and I have ventured out of the house nearly every day to eat ethnic stuff and shop and meet with friends, and it is a great feeling. I am back down to my pre-Bernie size (note: NOT my pre-Lilly size, yet) and splurged on some clothes. It feels really great to not pant when I walk up the stairs or climb in bed. My and Jay's friend Sarah has moved here from Atlanta as well, and she and I even did some galavanting today.

While I am thinking of it, I would like to spread the news and congrats a little further on Chelsea and Chris deciding to get hitched and have babies too! They can help us contribute to the hockey team we are trying to spawn.


Last but not least, I've uncovered what we've dubbed a Retro-Lilly picture to share! She sure loved that fan mister....










No comments:

Post a Comment